Thursday, December 25, 2008

Thought for Friday December 26 (Feast of St. Stephen)

Into your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit.
Be my rock of refuge,
a stronghold to give me safety.
You are my rock and my fortress;
for your name’s sake you will lead and guide me.
Into your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit.

Matthew 10: 17 – 22 Jesus said to his disciples: “Beware of men, for they will hand you over to courts and scourge you in their synagogues, and you will be led before governors and kings for my sake as a witness before them and the pagans.

Is this really what I wanted to hear the day after Christmas? Is it something I need to hear?

Action: Bear witness to Christ by continuing to celebrate Christmas until the season is over (January 10, 2009).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do we really want to hear the cost of discipleship the day after Christmas? I think it's appropriate -- it's not all the sweet baby in the manger -- there is a serious challenge in following Jesus who became one with us. And when we're called to be people who don't follow the "values" of the culture around us, we can upset those who want to maintain the status quo!
Sally Greene