Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thought for Wednesday February 24

A heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.
A clean heart create for me, O God,
and a steadfast spirit renew within me.
Cast me not out from your presence,
and your Holy Spirit take not from me.
A heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.

Luke 11: 29 – 32 At the judgment the men of Nineveh will arise with this generation and condemn it, because at the preaching of Jonah they repented, and there is something greater than Jonah here.”

So what does it take to get me to repent? What is my greatest “turn away from sin” accomplishment?

Action: Spend some time thinking about what your life would be like now if you hadn’t turned away from some of your sins. Imagine what it could be like in a few years if you turned away from some others.

No comments: