Friday, May 24, 2013

Thought for Friday May 24


Guide me, Lord, in the way of your commands.
Lead me in the path of your commands,
for in it I delight.
Guide me, Lord, in the way of your commands.

 
Sirach 6: 5 – 17  When you gain a friend, first test him, and be not too ready to trust him.  For one sort is a friend when it suits him, but he will not be with you in time of distress. Another is a friend who becomes an enemy, and tells of the quarrel to your shame.  Another is a friend, a boon companion, who will not be with you when sorrow comes.  When things go well, he is your other self, and lords it over your servants;  But if you are brought low, he turns against you and avoids meeting you.


Have I had friends like each of these?  How do I “test” friends?


Action:  Do something for a friend who has passed the test.

No comments: