Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thought for Monday December 2


Let us go rejoicing to the house of the Lord.
Because of my relatives and friends
I will say, “Peace be within you!"
Because of the house of the LORD, our God,
I will pray for your good.
Let us go rejoicing to the house of the Lord.

Matthew 8: 5 - 11  “Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed.”


This line replaced, “Lord I am not worthy to receive you…,” in the Mass.  What is the difference between receiving something and receiving someone in your home?  Does this sentence change your understanding of receiving Communion?


Action: Receive someone new into your home (or office or social circle or etc.).  If you just had 20 people I your house for Thanksgiving, you can skip this one.

No comments: