Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Thought for Thursday February 20


The Lord hears the cry of the poor.
I will bless the LORD at all times;
his praise shall be ever in my mouth.
Let my soul glory in the LORD;
the lowly will hear me and be glad.
The Lord hears the cry of the poor.

James 2: 1 – 19  My brothers and sisters, show no partiality as you adhere to the faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ. For if a man with gold rings and fine clothes comes into your assembly, and a poor person with shabby clothes also comes in,  and you pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say, “Sit here, please,” while you say to the poor one, “Stand there,” or “Sit at my feet,”  have you not made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil designs?

Do I treat rich people differently than poor people?  Do I get treated differently than someone who is richer or poorer than I am?

Action:  Show no partiality.

No comments: