Sunday, March 9, 2014

Thought for Monday March 10


Your words, Lord, are Spirit and life.
The law of the LORD is perfect,
refreshing the soul.
The decree of the LORD is trustworthy,
giving wisdom to the simple.
Your words, Lord, are Spirit and life.

 
Matthew 25: 21 – 46  For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.

Are these the things that define my practice of the faith?  How often do I do these?

Action:  Adopt someone or something and find ways to care for it.  [Not necessarily a legal adoption.  It could be a child or a new pet, or the birds in your yard, the homeless man you pass on the way to work,  a lonely co-worker, a bored child, a nursing home patient, a prisoner …]

No comments: