Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thought for Friday February 27


If you, O Lord, mark iniquities, who can stand?
I trust in the LORD;
my soul trusts in his word.
My soul waits for the LORD
more than sentinels wait for the dawn.
Let Israel wait for the LORD.
If you, O Lord, mark iniquities, who can stand?

 
Matthew 5: 20 – 26  You have heard that it was said to your ancestors, You shall not kill; and whoever kills will be liable to judgment.  But I say to you, whoever is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment,

Is Jesus’ standard too high for me?  Would I prefer a simpler Old Testament set of rules?

Action:  Pick a number between one and ten (inclusive).  Got your number?  Now, read the commandment that goes with that number and ask yourself how Jesus would ask you to live it.

No comments: