Thursday, February 23, 2017

Thought for Friday February 24


Guide me, Lord, in the way of your commands.
Make me understand the way of your precepts,
and I will meditate on your wondrous deeds.
Guide me, Lord, in the way of your commands.

Sirach 6:  5 - 17  Let your acquaintances be many, but one in a thousand your confidant.  When you gain a friend, first test him, and be not too ready to trust him. For one sort is a friend when it suits him, but he will not be with you in time of distress.  Another is a friend who becomes an enemy, and tells of the quarrel to your shame.  Another is a friend, a boon companion, who will not be with you when sorrow comes. When things go well, he is your other self,  and lords it over your servants;  But if you are brought low, he turns against you and avoids meeting you.


Is this good advice?  Do I have a good friend?


Action:  Be a good friend.

No comments: