Monday, May 1, 2017

Thought for Tuesday May 2


Into your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit.
Be my rock of refuge,
a stronghold to give me safety.
You are my rock and my fortress;
for your name's sake you will lead and guide me.
Into your hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit
.

Acts 7:51 – 8:1  Stephen said to the people, the elders, and the scribes: "You stiff-necked people, uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always oppose the Holy Spirit; you are just like your ancestors.  Which of the prophets did your ancestors not persecute? They put to death those who foretold the coming of the righteous one, whose betrayers and murderers you have now become. You received the law as transmitted by angels, but you did not observe it."

Why is change so hard?  What excuses do I use to reject “prophets” who are calling me to be and do better?

Action:  Observe the law and the prophets.

No comments: