Sunday, April 8, 2018

Thought for Monday April 9


Here I am, Lord; I come to do your will.
Your justice I kept not hid within my heart;
your faithfulness and your salvation I have spoken of;
I have made no secret of your kindness and your truth
in the vast assembly.
Here I am, Lord; I come to do your will.
  
Luke 1: 26 – 38  The angel Gabriel said, "Hail, full of grace! The Lord is with you." But she was greatly troubled at what was said and pondered what sort of greeting this might be. Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name him Jesus. He will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule over the house of Jacob forever, and of his Kingdom there will be no end."
 
Can I imagine Mary sitting with a cup of coffee (or tea or glass of wine) smiling as she reminisced about this a week after the resurrection?   Would I have been a good friend to Mary – listening to her very unique worries, joys and experiences raising the Son of God?
 
Action:  Be a good friend.

No comments: