Thursday, September 13, 2018

Thought for Thursday September 13

Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way.
O LORD, you have probed me and you know me;
you know when I sit and when I stand;
you understand my thoughts from afar.
My journeys and my rest you scrutinize,
with all my ways you are familiar.
Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way.

Luke 6: 27 – 38  Jesus said to his disciples: "To you who hear I say, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.”

Does loving your enemies mean you have to condone their actions?   Am I sometimes willing to sacrifice a bit of what I believe to avoid conflict?

Action:  Spend some time examining your faith and beliefs and look closely for anything you “gave up” in order to get along.  Face yourself honestly and reset you faith if you need to.  [e.g. If you know non-Catholics who do not accept the real presence in the Eucharist and you have accepted a middle-ground.] 

No comments: