Thursday, October 4, 2018

Thought for Friday October 5


Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way.
If I take the wings of the dawn,
if I settle at the farthest limits of the sea,
Even there your hand shall guide me,
and your right hand hold me fast.
Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way.

Job  38: 1, 12 – 21  40: 3 - 5   The LORD addressed Job out of the storm and said:  Have you ever in your lifetime commanded the morning and shown the dawn its place?  Have you entered into the sources of the sea, or walked about in the depths of the abyss? Have you comprehended the breadth of the earth? Tell me, if you know all: Which is the way to the dwelling place of light?

Then Job answered the LORD and said:  Behold, I am of little account; what can I answer you?  I put my hand over my mouth.  Though I have spoken once, I will not do so again; though twice, I will do so no more.

Do I ever have trouble remembering that God is God and I am not?   How much reverence do I show God?

Action:  Show God some respect; go to church, pray and try not to act like an all-knowing jerk.

No comments: