Sunday, July 8, 2012

Thought for Monday July 9


In you, my God, I place my trust.
You who dwell in the shelter of the Most High,
who abide in the shadow of the Almighty,
Say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."
In you, my God, I place my trust.

Matthew 9: 18 – 26  While Jesus was speaking, an official came forward, knelt down before him, and said, "My daughter has just died. But come, lay your hand on her, and she will live."  Jesus rose and followed him, and so did his disciples.


Do I look to Jesus for immediate help or long term help?    What should I expect from him?

Action:  If you tend to look to Jesus for mostly long term stuff, identify a situation in your life today that needs help and ask him for it.  If you look to him for mostly the immediate stuff, think about what you want him to do for you in the long run and make a plan for asking for it consistently.

No comments: