Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thought for Friday June 14


To you, Lord, I will offer a sacrifice of praise.
To you will I offer sacrifice of thanksgiving,
and I will call upon the name of the LORD.
My vows to the LORD I will pay
in the presence of all his people.
To you, Lord, I will offer a sacrifice of praise.

 
2 Corinthians 4: 7 – 15  Brothers and sisters:  We hold this treasure in earthen vessels,  that the surpassing power may be of God and not from us.  We are afflicted in every way, but not constrained; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about in the Body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our body.

Why is it a treasure to know that the “surpassing” power lies with God and not with us?   Do I ever feel afflicted, perplexed, or persecuted?

Action:  Remember that Jesus can save you from being constrained, driven to despair, or abandoned.

No comments: