Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Thought for Thursday January 7


Alleluia, alleluia.
The Lord has sent me to bring glad tidings to the poor
and to proclaim liberty to captives.
Alleluia, alleluia.

1 John 4: 19 – 5:4  Beloved, we love God because he first loved us.  If anyone says, “I love God,” but hates his brother, he is a liar; for whoever does not love a brother whom he has seen  cannot love God whom he has not seen.  This is the commandment we have from him: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

Who are the brothers God is calling me to love?  Can I come on now, smile on my brother, get together with everybody and  try to love one another right now?

Action:  Call your brother and tell him: Oh, brother, brother, brother, I know you've been hangin' on a long time, You know I love you, love you, love you like no other, Oh, brother, brother, brother, brother, brother.  OR maybe do something loving for someone you see every day.

No comments: