Monday, May 30, 2016

Thought for Monday May 30


In you, my God, I place my trust.
Because he clings to me, I will deliver him;
I will set him on high because he acknowledges my name.
He shall call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in distress.
In you, my God, I place my trust.

Mark 12: 1 – 12  “A man planted a vineyard, put a hedge around it, dug a wine press, and built a tower. Then he leased it to tenant farmers and left on a journey.  At the proper time he sent a servant to the tenants to obtain from them some of the produce of the vineyard. But they seized him, beat him, and sent him away empty-handed. Again he sent them another servant. And that one they beat over the head and treated shamefully. He sent yet another whom they killed.  So, too, many others; some they beat, others they killed. He had one other to send, a beloved son.  He sent him to them last of all, thinking, ‘They will respect my son.’

How would I feel about being sent after the first several had been beaten or killed?  Why do I think the son went – duty, loyalty, courage, selfless service, honor, respect, integrity?

Action:  Watch for people exhibiting these  values this week and do something to acknowledge your appreciation.

 

No comments: