Thursday, July 28, 2016

Thought for Friday July 29


Lord, in your great love, answer me.
Those outnumber the hairs of my head
who hate me without cause.
Too many for my strength
are they who wrongfully are my enemies.
Must I restore what I did not steal?
Lord, in your great love, answer me.

Jeremiah 26: 1 - 9  Thus says the LORD:  Stand in the court of the house of the LORD and speak to the people of all the cities of Judah who come to worship in the house of the LORD; whatever I command you, tell them, and omit nothing. Perhaps they will listen and turn back,  each from his evil way, so that I may repent of the evil I have planned to inflict upon them for their evil deeds.
Am I prepared to stand in the court of the house of the Lord?  Do I speak against all evil or only the issues I know my friends, family and peers agree with? 

Action: Fast with France.   The French Bishops have called for a day of fasting  today (Friday July 29).  Let’s stand with them.  Fast for Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray, Nice, Paris, Brussels, Zliten, Baghdad, Quetta, Aleppo, Munich, Ouagadougou, San Bernardino and everywhere else that has experienced a terror attack.

No comments: