Monday, October 10, 2016

Thought for Tuesday October 11


 The heavens proclaim the glory of God.
The heavens declare the glory of God,
and the firmament proclaims his handiwork.
Day pours out the word to day,
and night to night imparts knowledge.
The heavens proclaim the glory of God.

Galatians 5: 1 – 6   Brothers and sisters:  For freedom Christ set us free;  so stand firm and do not submit again to the yoke of slavery.

To what am I a slave – money, work, television, fashion, my Volvo, inertia, mon vert iPad Air, my reputation, a need to be the center of attention, a need to be invisible, possessions, alcohol, gambling, college football, fishing (which is acceptable), health, food, exercise…?   What am I not free to do because of the slavery I have accepted?

Action:  Reread the questions, examine your conscience and come up with real answers as uncomfortable as they may be – then make a plan to free yourself.

No comments: