Sunday, January 8, 2017

Thought for Monday January 9


The Lord will bless his people with peace.
The voice of the LORD is over the waters,
the LORD, over vast waters.
The voice of the LORD is mighty;
the voice of the LORD is majestic.
The Lord will bless his people with peace.
 
Isaiah 42: 1 -  4, 6 - 7  Thus says the LORD: Here is my servant whom I uphold, my chosen one with whom I am pleased, upon whom I have put my spirit; he shall bring forth justice to the nations, not crying out, not shouting, not making his voice heard in the street. a bruised reed he shall not break,
and a smoldering wick he shall not quench, until he establishes justice on the earth; the coastlands will wait for his teaching.

Am I glad Jesus teaches and leads with gentleness and firmness?  Do I feel called to be a joyful witness who illuminates a path that brings hope and love?

Action:  Be gentle but firm in your dealings with others, and yourself.

No comments: