Monday, January 23, 2017

Thought for Tuesda January 24


Here am I Lord; I come to do your will.
Sacrifice or oblation you wished not,
but ears open to obedience you gave me.
Burnt offerings or sin-offerings you sought not;
then said I, "Behold I come."
Here am I Lord; I come to do your will.

Hebrews 10: 1 – 10  Brothers and sisters: Since the law has only a shadow of the good things to come,  and not the very image of them, it can never make perfect those who come to worship by the same sacrifices  that they offer continually each year.

If the law isn’t enough to lead me to a good life, what else do I need?  Does this mean that following the law has no value?

Action:  Look beyond the law for the path to perfection – St. Francis de Sales’ Introduction to the Devout Life might be a good place to start.  You might even be able to download it for 99¢.

No comments: