Sunday, June 25, 2017

Thought for Monday June 26


Help us with your right hand, O Lord, and answer us.
You have rocked the country and split it open;
repair the cracks in it, for it is tottering.
You have made your people feel hardships;
you have given us stupefying wine.
Help us with your right hand, O Lord, and answer us.


Matthew 7: 1 – 5  Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye?  How can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove that splinter from your eye,' while the wooden beam is in your eye? You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye."


Why does the splinter in my brother’s eye bother me?  Am I more inclined to help others with their splinters or work on the beam in my own eye? 


Action:  Give someone with a splinter a break and do something nice for him or her.

No comments: