Sunday, June 4, 2017

Thought for Monday June 5


Blessed the man who fears the Lord.
His generosity shall endure forever.
Light shines through the darkness for the upright;
he is gracious and merciful and just.
Blessed the man who fears the Lord.

 
Tobit 1:3 – 2:1   I, Tobit, have walked all the days of my life on the paths of truth and righteousness. I performed many charitable works for my kinsmen and my people who had been deported with me to Nineveh, in Assyria. On our festival of Pentecost, the feast of Weeks,  a fine dinner was prepared for me… I said to my son Tobiah: "My son, go out and try to find a poor man from among our kinsmen exiled here. If he is a sincere worshiper of God, bring him back with you, so that he can share this meal with me.


What do I think of Tobit’s example?  Is this the way I want to live and conduct myself?


Action:  Walk on the path of truth and righteousness and perform charitable works.

 

 

No comments: