Monday, October 9, 2017

Thought for Monday October 9


You will rescue my life from the pit, O Lord.
When my soul fainted within me,
I remembered the LORD;
My prayer reached you
in your holy temple.
You will rescue my life from the pit, O Lord.
 
 
Jonah 1: 1 - 2: 11  Then they said to one another, "Come, let us cast lots to find out on whose account we have met with this misfortune." So they cast lots, and thus singled out Jonah. "Tell us," they said, "what is your business? Where do you come from?  What is your country, and to what people do you belong?" Jonah answered them, "I am a Hebrew, I worship the LORD, the God of heaven, who made the sea and the dry land."
 
What is my business; who are my people?  Is worshipping God part of who I am, or is it just something I do?
 
Action:  Be faithful to God and to yourself – everything else will fall into place.
 

No comments: