Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Thought for Wednesday June 6


To you, O Lord, I lift up my eyes.
To you I lift up my eyes
who are enthroned in heaven.
Behold, as the eyes of servants
are on the hands of their masters.
To you, O Lord, I lift up my eyes.

2 Timothy 1: 1 – 12  For this reason, I remind you to stir into flame the gift of God that you have through the imposition of my hands.  For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice but rather of power and love and self-control.

When have I been a coward?  Am I willing to exercise the power I have with love and self-control?

Action:   If you are feeling cowardly, remember these words: “Courage! What makes a king out of a slave? Courage! What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage! What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage! What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? Courage! What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage!

No comments: