Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thought for Thursday August 21

I will pour clean water on you and wash away all your sins.
Give me back the joy of your salvation,
and a willing spirit sustain in me.
I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners shall return to you.
I will pour clean water on you and wash away all your sins.


Matthew 22: 1 – 14 “The Kingdom of heaven may be likened to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son. He dispatched his servants to summon the invited guests to the feast, but they refused to come.


Do I ever decline invitations even though the events might be fun? Do I ever refuse the good things God offers me?

Action: Accept an invitation you would normally decline and try to see God in the experience.

2 comments:

Brainiac said...

I think it becomes difficult to accept the gifts of God when we feel that we have let God down in the past - especially when we feel bogged down by the weight of our own failures, shortcomings, sin.

But in those times it seems especially important to realize that God wants to "pour clean water on us and wash away all our sins."

And then, we WILL receive the "joy of God's salvation" and a "willing spirit" to be open to those gifts.

We have to be open to the WATER and then the gifts!

It reminds me, again, of the great gift we Catholics have in the sacrament of Reconciliation. We ought to use it more often and more consistently.

Anonymous said...

"Oh that my head were waters And my eyes a fountain of tears, That I might weep day and night For the slain of the daughter of my people!" Jeremiah 9:1

Accepting God's unwavering mercy, most often done through through our tears for our sin, guilt, regret, and trials--praise Him for His living water

"Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again..."