Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thought for Thursday August 28

I will praise your name for ever, Lord.
Every day will I bless you,
and I will praise your name forever and ever.
Great is the LORD and highly to be praised;
his greatness is unsearchable.
I will praise your name for ever, Lord.

Matthew 24: 42 – 51 Jesus said to his disciples: “Stay awake!


Do I ever “doze off” spiritually? What wakes me up?


Action: Do something different in your spiritual life (different kind of prayer, different mass, retreat, class, etc) and see if you wake up to something new.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes,one can be so focused on what you're doing to the exclusion of staying connected to Jesus. What wakes me up: tension, stress, behaving badly--it begins with operating totally on my own strength.

The apostle Paul exhorts believers to: "Pray without ceasing" 1 Thessalonians 5:17 Prayer keeps us connected.

Anonymous said...

My husband and I attended a Marriage Encounter Weekend August 22 - 24, and that was a REAL wake-up call for us spiritually and emotionally. So if one is feeling in a rut spiritually or in your marriage, Marriage Encounter is all over the world to draw you closer to each other and to God. Going to daily mass is one of the ways my husband and I decided to spiritually renew and refresh our relationship with God, and it is working.