Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thought for Wednesday March 11

Save me, O Lord, in your kindness.
I hear the whispers of the crowd, that frighten me from every side,
as they consult together against me, plotting to take my life.
Save me, O Lord, in your kindness.

Matthew 20: 17 – 28 Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be handed over to the chief priests and the scribes, and they will condemn him to death, and hand him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and scourged and crucified, and he will be raised on the third day.

Would I continue on the road to Jerusalem after hearing Jesus’ description of what will happen? Am I using Lent to prepare myself for the reality of Jesus death and resurrection?


Action: Add something new to your Lenten program to help you focus on Jesus’ death – give up something you really like, fast an extra day or two, abstain on Wednesdays, go to something at a church that you were planning to skip, etc.
.

No comments: