Sunday, June 28, 2015

Thought for Monday June 29


Solemnity of Saints Peter & Paul

 
The angel of the Lord will rescue those who fear him.
I will bless the LORD at all times;
his praise shall be ever in my mouth.
Let my soul glory in the LORD;
the lowly will hear me and be glad.
The angel of the Lord will rescue those who fear him.
 

2 Timothy 4: 6 – 8, 17 – 18  I, Paul, am already being poured out like a libation, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have competed well; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith.

What do I need to do to feel like I have competed well, finished the race and kept the faith?


Matthew 16: 13 – 19  And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.

What in the Church is a rock that I depend on?

Action:  Make a plan to compete well, finish the race and keep the faith using the rocks of the Church (e.g. Christ, sacraments, scripture, liturgy, tradition, saints)

No comments: