Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Thought for Wednesday June 3


To you, O Lord, I lift my soul.
In you I trust; let me not be put to shame,
let not my enemies exult over me.
No one who waits for you shall be put to shame;
those shall be put to shame who heedlessly break faith.
To you, O Lord, I lift my soul.

 
Mark 12: 18 – 27  Jesus said to them, "Are you not misled because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God?


Does knowing scripture mean that you can quote some passages or is there more to it?  Do I ever overlook the power of God when I am trying to interpret the precise meaning of some scripture passage?


Action:  The next time you hear a scripture quote, analyze the way it is used and decide if it truly captures the overall spirit of the message of Jesus and the power of God.  If it doesn’t, say something.

No comments: