Thursday, February 11, 2016

Thought for Friday February 12


A heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.
For you are not pleased with sacrifices;
should I offer a burnt offering, you would not accept it.
My sacrifice, O God, is a contrite spirit;
a heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.
A heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.
 
Isaiah 58: 1 – 9  This, rather, is the fasting that I wish: releasing those bound unjustly, untying the thongs of the yoke; setting free the oppressed, breaking every yoke; sharing your bread with the hungry, sheltering the oppressed and the homeless; clothing the naked when you see them, and not turning your back on your own.
 
Are these actions part of my routine practice of my faith?  Can I really claim to be a faithful Christian if these are not part of my life?
 
Action:  I think it is obvious.

No comments: