Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Thought for Thursday February 18


Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.
I will give thanks to you, O LORD, with all my heart,
for you have heard the words of my mouth;
in the presence of the angels I will sing your praise;
I will worship at your holy temple
and give thanks to your name.
Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.

Esther 4C:12, 14 -16, 23 -26: Queen Esther, seized with mortal anguish, had recourse to the LORD. “God of Abraham, God of Isaac, and God of Jacob, blessed are you.  Help me, who am alone and have no help but you, for I am taking my life in my hand. As a child I used to hear from the books of my forefathers that you, O LORD, always free those who are pleasing to you. Now help me, who am alone and have no one but you, O LORD, my God.

Do I ever feel this alone?  Can I fully appreciate God if I never have this experience?

Action:  Make time to be alone this Lent – no phone, computer, book, music, TV, etc. – just you and God.

No comments: