Monday, February 15, 2016

Thought for Tuesday February 16


From all their distress God rescues the just.
Look to him that you may be radiant with joy,
and your faces may not blush with shame.
When the poor one called out, the LORD heard,
and from all his distress he saved him.
From all their distress God rescues the just.
 
Isaiah 55: 10 -11  Thus says the LORD: Just as from the heavens the rain and snow come down  And do not return there till they have watered the earth, making it fertile and fruitful, Giving seed to the one who sows and bread to the one who eats, So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; It shall not return to me void, but shall do my will, achieving the end for which I sent it.
What do I do to insure God’s words have an effect on me and the world?  What is the “end” for which God sent his words? 
Action:  Spend some extra time on the next rainy or snowy day meditating on God’s words.

No comments: