Thursday, February 15, 2018

Thought for Friday February 16


A heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.
Have mercy on me, O God, in your goodness;
in the greatness of your compassion wipe out my offense.
Thoroughly wash me from my guilt
and of my sin cleanse me.
A heart contrite and humbled, O God, you will not spurn.


Isaiah 58: 1 – 9  This, rather, is the fasting that I wish: releasing those bound unjustly, untying the thongs of the yoke;  Setting free the oppressed, breaking every yoke; Sharing your bread with the hungry, sheltering the oppressed and the homeless; Clothing the naked when you see them, and not turning your back on your own.

It is the first Friday of Lent; am I doing any of these things?   Which of the actions Isaiah mentions seems like the hardest?
 
Action:  Try doing one of the actions mentioned in Isaiah.

No comments: