Sunday, March 25, 2018

Thought for Monday March 26


The Lord is my light and my salvation.
I believe that I shall see the bounty of the LORD
in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD with courage;
be stouthearted, and wait for the LORD.
The Lord is my light and my salvation.


John 12: 1 – 11  Six days before Passover Jesus came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, whom Jesus had raised from the dead.  They gave a dinner for him there, and Martha served, while Lazarus was one of those reclining at table with him.


Have I ever had an experience a little bit like Lazarus – have I ever been given a second chance?  Have I used Lent to rethink some things and start over?


Action:  As every year at this time, all our attention is turned to the passion of Our Lord, and the Holy Church covers with a veil of mourning crosses and statues of saints who mourned in their time the death of Jesus.  Let us walk with Him from the palms to the cross, to be his consolation in the ordeal.

No comments: