Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Thought for Wednesday March 28


Lord, in your great love, answer me.
Insult has broken my heart, and I am weak,
I looked for sympathy, but there was none;
for consolers, not one could I find.
Rather they put gall in my food,
and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.
Lord, in your great love, answer me.


Matthew 26: 14 – 25  One of the Twelve, who was called Judas Iscariot,  went to the chief priests and said, "What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?"  They paid him thirty pieces of silver, and from that time on he looked for an opportunity to hand him over.


What price do I put on loyalty, love, and friendship?   Have I ever been rewarded for doing something I now regret?


Action:  As every year at this time, all our attention is turned to the passion of Our Lord, and the Holy Church covers with a veil of mourning crosses and statues of saints who mourned in their time the death of Jesus.  Let us walk with Him from the palms to the cross, to be his consolation in the ordeal.

No comments: