Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thought for Wednesday September 3

Blessed the people the Lord has chosen to be his own.
Our soul waits for the LORD,
who is our help and our shield,
For in him our hearts rejoice;
in his holy name we trust.
Blessed the people the Lord has chosen to be his own.


Luke 4: 38 – 44 Simon’s mother-in-law was afflicted with a severe fever, and they interceded with him about her.

How often do I pray for other people? Do I believe my prayer has power?


Action: Pray for someone today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband has just come home after a complicated spinal surgery. I am convinced of the power of prayer, as so many people have been praying for him, and he is doing really well. I continue to pray for him and to pray for myself for patience and strength during his recovery!
Sally

Anonymous said...

On the other hand, what do you do when there is a baby at St. Jude's who has been fervently prayed for many times a day by over 300 people, and then the baby dies after enduring indescribable suffering for over a year? Maybe God just watches but he doesn't intervene. When things turn out well, are we kidding ourselves that there was divine intervention in action? I guess when we get to the perspective of eternity, our painful events, mourning and dramas will be nothing but feeble blips on the horizon.