Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Thought for Holy Thursday March 24


For ever I will sing the goodness of the Lord.
“My faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him;
and through my name shall his horn be exalted.
He shall say of me, ‘You are my father,
my God, the Rock, my savior!’“
 For ever I will sing the goodness of the Lord.

 
Isaiah 61: 1 – 9  The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me; He has sent me to bring glad tidings to the lowly, to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives and release to the prisoners,  To announce a year of favor from the LORD and a day of vindication by our God, to comfort all who mourn;

Have I ever been brokenhearted?  Am I allowing myself to appreciate this Jubilee Year and accepting God’s mercy?

Action:  It’s Holy Thursday  - Go to Mass today and let Jesus heal your broken heart, bring you glad tidings, free you from whatever holds you captive and comfort your mourning.

No comments: