Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Thought for Wednesday March 23


Lord, in your great love, answer me.
For your sake I bear insult,
and shame covers my face.
I have become an outcast to my brothers,
a stranger to my mother’s sons,
because zeal for your house consumes me,
and the insults of those who blaspheme you fall upon me.
 Lord, in your great love, answer me.
 
Isaiah 50: 4 – 9  And I have not rebelled, have not turned back. I gave my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who plucked my beard; My face I did not shield from buffets and spitting.
Matthew 26: 14 – 25  One of the Twelve, who was called Judas Iscariot,  went to the chief priests and said, “What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?” They paid him thirty pieces of silver, and from that time on he looked for an opportunity to hand him over.
 
Can I sense the building tension of Holy Week?  With which “character” in the story of the Passion do I most identify?
 
Action:  Donate “30 pieces of silver” to charity for every time someone has “sold you out.”  And Pray for Belgium.
 
30 pieces of silver = whatever amount feels right to you (30 dimes =$3.00;  30 quarters = $7.50; 30 ounces of silver = $475.00; 30 Coors Light= $28.00)

No comments: