Thursday, September 29, 2016

Thought for Friday September 30


Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way.
O LORD, you have probed me and you know me;
you know when I sit and when I stand;
you understand my thoughts from afar.
My journeys and my rest you scrutinize,
with all my ways you are familiar.
Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way.

 
Job 38: 1, 12 – 20, 40: 3 – 5  The LORD addressed Job out of the storm and said:  Have you ever in your lifetime commanded the morning and shown the dawn its place  For taking hold of the ends of the earth,  till the wicked are shaken from its surface?  Have you comprehended the breadth of the earth?  Tell me, if you know all: Which is the way to the dwelling place of light, and where is the abode of darkness,  That you may take them to their boundaries and set them on their homeward paths?
 

Do I, like Job, sometimes need to be reminded that I am not all-powerful and all-knowing?  Have I ever been aware of God “putting me in my place”?


Action:  Go to church this weekend because God is God and you acknowledge that he deserves at least  one hour of your (relatively) undivided attention each week.

No comments: