Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Thought for Wednesday September 14


Do not forget the works of the Lord!
Hearken, my people, to my teaching;
incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
I will open my mouth in a parable,
I will utter mysteries from of old.
Do not forget the works of the Lord!

Philippians 2: 6 - 11  Brothers and sisters: Christ Jesus, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped.  Rather, he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, coming in human likeness; and found human in appearance, he humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross.

Am I willing to let go of my own power to be obedient to God?  Do I appreciate what Jesus did for me?

Action:   I emptied my brain and I can’t come up with anything.  Maybe the action should be:  Don’t empty your brain before you finish what you are doing.

No comments: