Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Thought for Thursday September 29


In the sight of the angels I will sing your praises, Lord.
I will give thanks to you, O LORD, with all my heart,
for you have heard the words of my mouth;
in the presence of the angels I will sing your praise;
I will worship at your holy temple
and give thanks to your name.
In the sight of the angels I will sing your praises, Lord.


Revelations 12: 7 – 12  War broke out in heaven; Michael and his angels battled against the dragon. The dragon and its angels fought back, but they did not prevail and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. The huge dragon, the ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, who deceived the whole world, was thrown down to earth, and its angels were thrown down with it.


Does it comfort me to know that Michael and his angels defeated Satan?  Does it annoy me just a little that they threw him down to earth – why not purgatory or limbo?


Action:  Live today with confidence in the angels’ ability to defeat evil.

 

No comments: