Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Thought for Wednesday September 28


Let my prayer come before you, Lord.
But I, O LORD, cry out to you;
with my morning prayer I wait upon you.
Why, O LORD, do you reject me;
why hide from me your face.
Let my prayer come before you, Lord.


Job 9: 1 – 16  Job answered his friends and said:  I know well that it is so; but how can a man be justified before God? Should one wish to contend with him, he could not answer him once in a thousand times. God is wise in heart and mighty in strength; who has withstood him and remained unscathed?

 
Why would anyone contend with one who is wise in heart and mighty in strength?  Looking back, were there times in my life when I was dumb or arrogant enough to contend with God – how did that work out?


Action:  Quit arguing with God and do that one little thing you know you should do, but don’t want to do.

No comments: