Monday, August 28, 2017

Thought for Tuesday August 29


You have searched me and you know me, Lord.
O LORD, you have probed me and you know me;
you know when I sit and when I stand;
you understand my thoughts from afar.
My journeys and my rest you scrutinize,
with all my ways you are familiar.
You have searched me and you know me, Lord.


Mark 6: 17 – 29  Herodias' own daughter came in and performed a dance that delighted Herod and his guests. The king said to the girl,  "Ask of me whatever you wish and I will grant it to you." He even swore many things to her, "I will grant you whatever you ask of me, even to half of my kingdom."


What kind of idiot is so shallow that he would make such an offer for a dance?  What’s my weakness?


Action:  Stay strong and refuse to give in to your most ignoble desires.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: