Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Thought for Wednesday November 8


The Lord is my light and my salvation.
One thing I ask of the LORD;
this I seek:
To dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
That I may gaze on the loveliness of the LORD
and contemplate his temple.
The Lord is my light and my salvation.

 
Luke 14: 25 – 43  Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. Which of you wishing to construct a tower does not first sit down and calculate the cost to see if there is enough for its completion?


Have I calculated the cost of carrying my cross with Jesus?  Do I have what it takes to complete the job?


Action:  Reallocate some of your time, money, talent, or energy  to something you know you need to do but have been putting off – visiting someone, going to the doctor, quitting smoking, learning a new skill, volunteering, praying, exercising, getting married, changing jobs, dealing with a problem …

No comments: