Monday, April 10, 2017

Thought for Tuesday April 11


I will sing of your salvation.
For you are my hope, O Lord;
my trust, O God, from my youth.
On you I depend from birth;
from my mother's womb you are my strength.
I will sing of your salvation.


Isaiah 49: 1 – 6  The LORD called me from birth, from my mother's womb he gave me my name.  He made of me a sharp-edged sword and concealed me in the shadow of his arm. He made me a polished arrow, in his quiver he hid me. You are my servant, he said to me, Israel, through whom I show my glory.  Though I thought I had toiled in vain, and for nothing, uselessly, spent my strength, Yet my reward is with the LORD, my recompense is with my God.

Do I feel like God made me for a specific purpose?  Do I think I am useful to God?

Action:  Spend some time this week thinking of yourself as a “sharp-edged sword” or “polished arrow” doing the work God created you to do.

 

No comments: